10 Things I have learned, recently.
Here are ten things I’ve learned recently:1. I’ve learned that if you eat less and exercise more, weight loss will ensue. You just have to eat less or starve your self ;) anyway, I like to run and run a lot once I get going but lately it's getting going, work and life has just been a bit hectic to get going.
2. Make sure the chicken is COOKED I had a chicken wrap this week and it was to my demise. I am not a big meat-eater except when I get on a steak kick but I should have known after two bites and the texture didn't seem right...
3. Cable is useless. I mean really 400 channels and I can't find a damn thing to watch?
4. I’ve learned if I never had to leave the house, I could go a disturbing length of time without showering. Normally, I have to shower daily if not two times a day but I have been swamped with design work so on the weekends I literally get out of bed and go straight to my computer and rarely get up to go to the restroom. Sad huh? Normally about day 2 about 3 or 4 am I hop in the shower then head to bed.
5. Makeup doesn't lay on my skin like it used to. I will admit since moving my face has been jacked up for lack of better terms it doesn't help that I am a women and have all these hormones...so my makeup isn't laying as well especially over those dry spots that I now get thanks to the California sun. How long does it take to get regular again or was this simply my face before the lovely humidity of Italy? Oh, how I miss Italy.
6. I have learned that I LOVE seasons. Hot and hotter are not seasons, no no no and no! I have 34 scarfs and I have no use for them, yet...until I get used to the California winter...if you call it that ;)
7. The way I smell gives me a great outlook on how I feel. When I was younger, you know before I had kids I had glitter lotion...smell good lotion...many many types of lotion and I felt like I was DABOMB...lol. Lately, I am lucky if I grab Cherry Scent Jergans Lotion so when Victoria Secrets had their buy 3 deal I bought a crap load of it because ultimately I want to feel like my youth all over again :)
8. I’ve learned that my hair should stay longer. In June it got too dang hot for my ice cold heart as it started to melt in the California Sun so I chopped over 3 inches off my hair and it just kept getting shorter well it's winter and I miss my longer hair...womp womp! So it's growing back out. . .funny note I remember someone telling me when I was younger (at least 20) if I wanted long hair just to take prenatal vitamins who cares if you get pregnant or not...thank got I avoided that advice, I might not have hair if I got pregnant at 20 because I would have gone crazy!
9. You can not hold on to everything forever. There are a few things that I thought I would never part with like the flowers I saved from my Grandmothers funeral but eventually after a move I did. When I experienced the loss of Max I picked up flowers and I dried them out and saved them. The flowers have sat in my closet for almost 3 years now and this weekend I came to terms they HAD to go. Having dead flowers are 1) a sad reminder 2) are a mess if you open the box.
10. I need a reason make artichoke dip So readers/friends, give it to me because I am craving it!