Monday Musings // 12.07.15
CHURCHCREATIVE + COMMUNICATION:
- Yesterday was my 1 month anniversary of no longer being a Creative Director at a local church.
- Yesterday was also what felt to be my strongest day with the idea of no longer being in that role.
- I built that ministry with a lot of prayer + thought.
- Mainly because I never saw God using me in that aspect, I wanted to do it right.
- Leaving that ministry was the hardest thing I've had to do in a long time, but it was a good move for myself.
- Others have said, I used my best "no".
- Leaving a ministry in itself, is hard, but add leaving the church in one fail swoop made it harder.
- Typically, when we find a church, we are in it for the long haul. But sometimes I see how that doesn't happen.
- I am thankful for the people who've connected with me since leaving that role and church.
- I am also thankful for the other church creatives and communicators I've connected with via Twitter this last month.
- I felt very alone/misunderstood in leading the Creative aspect and connecting with others has helped a lot.
- I've continued to educate myself in the church realm of how to because I did notice that working for the Government verses the Church is V A S T L Y different.
- We've been attending a new church.
- We were both talking about the timing in their series that they were in and are in now.
- Reminds me a lot of how things were when we moved to Westside Christian Fellowship.
- Gods timing in that situation was perfect and although I've harbored some hurt from this church move he's still speaking to me in mighty ways.
BABY A STUFF:
- As I sit here looking at Adeline in her 4/5 week ultrasound I am blown away with God's hand in this.
- We have 24ish days until the scheduled C-Section.
- The idea of a scheduled C-Section or a C-Section in general is weird.
- It takes me back to when I first was pregnant with Emma and asked for one because I was afraid of laboring and where she would come from.
- I am not 100% sure I am ready, emotionally.
- I am not 100% sure you're ever ready.
- This pregnancy has made me more reliant on God in the not so "winter" seasons.
- I've had to deal and sort through the emotional baggage I had from after the delivering of Ellie.
- That was hard, not once did I ever expect to be wrapped into a situation I had no control over after El's birth.
- We don't have any of the things like a crib or stroller for Adeline.
- That is okay, she's coming a month early, I don't anticipate leaving the house within that month.
- Mainly because of my C-section and her immune system.
- I have come to terms that this is my last pregnancy.
- I cannot believe I've had 6 of them and will have 3 kids with me here on earth.
- I often wonder what our lives would be like if we had all 6 of them. #maybecrazytown?
- The traveling Airman is in transition for his job.
- He will be an instructor now, which means we should have him home more after his training.
- It also means that we will be in 1 location for 4 years. (1 year where he's at now and 3 teaching)
- That blows my mind, we haven't been anywhere 4 years.
- We eventually want to buy a house.
- But we also eventually want to move to Germany or back overseas after this tour so we might not buy that house.
- This Thanksgiving, I met my brother after 25+ years of knowing about him.
- Mind blown on that.
- I have so many questions, but know they will never be answered because our family is so broken.
- Lately my plate has been full with prayers.
- A lot unanswered and that is okay.
- A lot has been about my family of origin.
- I think being back in Arizona places that topic on my mind a lot.
- I have also been blown away with God's faithfulness to me.
- Even when I am asking him what the heck.
- My worship time has gone back to an hour a day, which has revitalized me.
- My prayer lately has been "Lord, what do you want me to do or learn here?"
- I used to pray for him to use me and use what he's shown me.
- Even now I still see how he's using me, especially when I least expect it.
- I've thought a lot lately about my testimony.
- It makes me thankful for his timing in my life.
- This year has made my shop go 180 degree turn.
- It makes me more excited for 2016 to see how it will go.
- Right now it's currently closed because of A's birth coming up.
- But man have I gotten to work with some great people this year.
That's what's been on my mind this Monday Musing. Maybe, in 2016 I will share my writings that I've done throughout 2015 and maybe I will feel more at home to write here. Oh, before I go, have you thought about your 1 word for 365? Mine was intentional, I'll recap it before 2015 is over and pick a word for 2016!